'Transformers 2' Kicked Off Production, On-Set Videos Unearthed
As promised by director Michael Bay back in May, the sequel to the blockbuster action movie "Transformers" has begun production on early June in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Marking the start of the production, apparently the filmmakers behind the movie decided to bring out the helicopters to the set.
The shooting began on Monday, June 2, with the spotting of several helicopters soaring above the filming locations, the Bethlehem Steel site, which has been transformed into an Asian city. The choppers hovered above the set include two Blackhawk, an Apache and several other smaller copters with the marking of "Police" across the side of them. Some of videos showing the flying helicopters and the Chinese-set can be seen below.
Besides the videos, a series of on-set photos has leaked out through Film School Rejects. The pictures exposed the transformed set and also people running away from a smoke filled factory. Rumor has it that a giant robot known as Ironhide is the source of the commotion. Giving further reports on the filming that day, Superhero Hype! also suggested that Tyrese Gibson and Josh Duhamel may be on the set during the June 2 shooting.
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" will feature the likes of Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, John Turturro, Rainn Wilson and Matthew Marsden on the human cast. It is rumored to be having about 20 robots, ten on each side. The DreamWorks' action fantasy flick will get to the theaters on June 26, 2009.
"Transformers 2" On-Set Video #1:
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal