Ferris Wheel Incident Befalls on the 'Hannah Montana' Movie Set
Though "Hannah Montana: The Movie" is not an action movie like "Quantum of Solace", it doesn't mean that the production of the movie will go on smoothly without any incident. On Tuesday, June 3, a freak Ferris wheel accident occurred on the set of the Disney hit television series' adaptation movie causing several extras and crew to suffer minor injuries.
Explaining about the mishap, on-set witnesses said that the unfortunate event happened when high wind blew a piece of lighting equipment into a ferris wheel loaded with passengers. Brenda Blackford, an extra for the movie confirmed the incident to Nashville station WKRN-TV saying, "When the wind caught it, all the cables were loose. It started [flying]. I was watching to see which corner of it was gonna hit the Ferris wheel, because it was unavoidable."
Concerning the accident, the mouse house let out official statement that read, "During a break in the filming of Hannah Montana: The Movie, a minor accident occurred involving a piece of production equipment. Fortunately, there were only a few minor injuries. Medical personnel have treated the extras and crew involved. None of the cast was on the set. Filming has resumed."
As what has been stated by Disney, both Miley Cyrus and her father Billy Ray Cyrus who are the stars of the film were not on the Greenbrier, Tennessee-set when the fiasco took place. Still, several online publications reported that right before the mishap occurred, the teenage sensation has just wrapped up shooting on the stage next to the amusement ride.
The feature film version of "Hannah Montana" has started filming since late May. The comedy musical film is said to be centering on Miley Stewart whose popularity as Hannah Montana is starting to take a toll on her life. Trying to discover the importance of life, the teenage girl with a double life heads home to her hometown of Crowley Corners, Tennessee. Directed by Peter Chelsom, the flick is scheduled for May 1, 2009 release.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'