First Trailer of Meg Ryan and Eva Mendes' 'The Women' Hits the Web
Mary Haines has a rich husband, an adorable 11-year-old daughter, a beautiful country home and a close-knit circle of friends. Her life is perfect, or so her friends thought. Through the first trailer of "The Women" that has been released online earlier by Picturehouse Entertainment, viewers are being brought to see glimpses of Mary's life when her not-so-perfect life is being unearthed.
Exposing the life of Manhattan socialites, the trailer begins with a garden party where Mary enjoys an ordinary social gathering with her friends Sylvia Fowler, Edie Cohen and Alex Fisher talking about Edie's pregnancy. The footages then continue showing the seems-to-be-perfect life of Mary. But, before long, Sylvia finds out that Mary's husband is having an affair with a perfume salesgirl and that Mary knows it all along but doesn't tell her friends, a fact that tests the friendship between the women to the breaking point.
Featuring a band of A-list actresses including Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Debra Messing, Jada Pinkett Smith and Eva Mendes, "Women" is a modern adaptation of Clare Boothe Luce's 1936 play. The drama comedy movie from filmmaker Diane English will be making its theatrical debut on September 12. Prior to this film, the play had been adapted into a feature film by George Cukor in 1939.
"The Women" Trailer:
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance