David Gilmour Glastonbury Snub Denied by Organizers
Previous news saying that the Glastonbury Festival organizers have snubbed David Gilmour to perform at the event because he was too old, has now been denied by one of the organizers, Michael Eavis. Michael who was previously being named as the one who rejected David's wish to play at the event, revealed that the reason he turned down the legendary rocker because there are no space left for a new performer.
Speaking to the press Michael said, "I got a call three or four weeks ago from Gilmour's people. It was obviously very flattering that he had shown an interest in playing here, but by that time all the bands were already in place for this year." He also added, "We've got a wonderful line-up and I couldn't bump one of the artists off, even for him. Hopefully we'll be able to arrange it for another year, though."
Earlier there were news coming from The Sun, claiming a source has told them that David's request to perform at Glastonbury has been turned down by Michael, because he is being considered too old to play at the festival. "He wants the event to appeal to a younger generation and feels that Dave wouldn't," the source said. Meanwhile, David himself hasn't released any comments regarding that news.
The Pink Floyd's member himself has another special project that he will do this month. The guitarist and singer will be performing his band's famous instrumental six-part suite progressive rock tunes "Atom Heart Mother" at the Chelsea Festival on June 15. Unfortunately, David won't be performing the special track with his band mates but with a cover band.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary