'Transporter 3' Obtained by Lionsgate, Got Release Date
The third installment of Luc Besson's action film "The Transporter" about former special forces operative offering secured transporting service will be coming out sooner than expected. On Monday, June 2, Liongates Film announced that they have acquired the North American distribution rights of "Transporter 3" and scheduled it to be screened in 2008.
The announcement about the obtaining of the distribution rights have been made by Lionsgate's head of Acquisitions and Co-Productions Jason Constantine and Theatrical Films' president Tom Ortenberg. On the matter, Constantine gleefully stated, "We are thrilled to be in business with EuropaCorp and to also partner again with Jason Statham, who from 'War' to 'Crank' and its upcoming sequel, is a well known and well-loved leading man in so many of Lionsgate's high octane action films. We are delighted to add another film in the exciting 'Transporter' action franchise to stand alongside such other iconic Lionsgate franchises as 'Saw,' Tyler Perry and 'The Punisher.'"
Additionally, Lionsgate also revealed the exact date they plan on releasing "Transporter 3" to the big screen, that is on Thanksgiving Day on November 26, 2008. Concerning the movie itself, the third "Transporter" movie is currently in its post-production mode after wrapping the filming in early May. It is directed by Olivier Megaton and starred by Statham who comes back to reprise his role as the leading character Frank Martin.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign