Queen Latifah to Launch Her Own Signature Scent
Queen Latifah is the latest Hollywood celebrity to jump on the fragrance bandwagon. The actress-rapper has signed a deal with Florida-based Parlux Fragrances to create her own signature scent, which is expected to hit the market in fall 2009.
Parlux Fragrances Inc. announced Monday, June 2 it will launch the award-winning rapper, actress and singer's first scent. The company said in a news release that Latifah's perfume will debut in the United States in the fall 2009 season, with an international rollout to follow.
As for Latifah, she has her own opinion about her venture into the business, saying "For me, beauty really does start on the inside. It's like a state of mind-a state of love, if you will." She went on adding, "So, I see fragrance as just a natural expression of this state of love: Scent expresses a woman's confidence and sensuality. It's how she embraces her body, her mind and her strength."
Aside from her planned scent, Latifah has at least one more film to add into her acting resume; the adventure-drama "The Secret Life of Bees", which is set for an October 17 release date.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?