Queen Latifah to Launch Her Own Signature Scent
Queen Latifah is the latest Hollywood celebrity to jump on the fragrance bandwagon. The actress-rapper has signed a deal with Florida-based Parlux Fragrances to create her own signature scent, which is expected to hit the market in fall 2009.
Parlux Fragrances Inc. announced Monday, June 2 it will launch the award-winning rapper, actress and singer's first scent. The company said in a news release that Latifah's perfume will debut in the United States in the fall 2009 season, with an international rollout to follow.
As for Latifah, she has her own opinion about her venture into the business, saying "For me, beauty really does start on the inside. It's like a state of mind-a state of love, if you will." She went on adding, "So, I see fragrance as just a natural expression of this state of love: Scent expresses a woman's confidence and sensuality. It's how she embraces her body, her mind and her strength."
Aside from her planned scent, Latifah has at least one more film to add into her acting resume; the adventure-drama "The Secret Life of Bees", which is set for an October 17 release date.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton