Queen Latifah to Launch Her Own Signature Scent
Queen Latifah is the latest Hollywood celebrity to jump on the fragrance bandwagon. The actress-rapper has signed a deal with Florida-based Parlux Fragrances to create her own signature scent, which is expected to hit the market in fall 2009.
Parlux Fragrances Inc. announced Monday, June 2 it will launch the award-winning rapper, actress and singer's first scent. The company said in a news release that Latifah's perfume will debut in the United States in the fall 2009 season, with an international rollout to follow.
As for Latifah, she has her own opinion about her venture into the business, saying "For me, beauty really does start on the inside. It's like a state of mind-a state of love, if you will." She went on adding, "So, I see fragrance as just a natural expression of this state of love: Scent expresses a woman's confidence and sensuality. It's how she embraces her body, her mind and her strength."
Aside from her planned scent, Latifah has at least one more film to add into her acting resume; the adventure-drama "The Secret Life of Bees", which is set for an October 17 release date.
More Queen Latifah News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7