Queen Latifah to Launch Her Own Signature Scent
Queen Latifah is the latest Hollywood celebrity to jump on the fragrance bandwagon. The actress-rapper has signed a deal with Florida-based Parlux Fragrances to create her own signature scent, which is expected to hit the market in fall 2009.
Parlux Fragrances Inc. announced Monday, June 2 it will launch the award-winning rapper, actress and singer's first scent. The company said in a news release that Latifah's perfume will debut in the United States in the fall 2009 season, with an international rollout to follow.
As for Latifah, she has her own opinion about her venture into the business, saying "For me, beauty really does start on the inside. It's like a state of mind-a state of love, if you will." She went on adding, "So, I see fragrance as just a natural expression of this state of love: Scent expresses a woman's confidence and sensuality. It's how she embraces her body, her mind and her strength."
Aside from her planned scent, Latifah has at least one more film to add into her acting resume; the adventure-drama "The Secret Life of Bees", which is set for an October 17 release date.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media