Queen Latifah to Launch Her Own Signature Scent
Queen Latifah is the latest Hollywood celebrity to jump on the fragrance bandwagon. The actress-rapper has signed a deal with Florida-based Parlux Fragrances to create her own signature scent, which is expected to hit the market in fall 2009.
Parlux Fragrances Inc. announced Monday, June 2 it will launch the award-winning rapper, actress and singer's first scent. The company said in a news release that Latifah's perfume will debut in the United States in the fall 2009 season, with an international rollout to follow.
As for Latifah, she has her own opinion about her venture into the business, saying "For me, beauty really does start on the inside. It's like a state of mind-a state of love, if you will." She went on adding, "So, I see fragrance as just a natural expression of this state of love: Scent expresses a woman's confidence and sensuality. It's how she embraces her body, her mind and her strength."
Aside from her planned scent, Latifah has at least one more film to add into her acting resume; the adventure-drama "The Secret Life of Bees", which is set for an October 17 release date.
More Queen Latifah News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival