David Gilmour Too Old For Glastonbury
No country for old man, that's probably the line that describes what the Glastonbury festival's organizers thinks of Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. Reports said that the organizers have rejected David's wishes to play at the annual festival because they think that he is too old.
The news surfaced after a source told The Sun newspaper that despite David being desperate to perform at Glastonbury, one of the organizers Michael Eavis turned it down. "Dave has always had a soft spot for Glastonbury. He's got a window in his touring plans and thought he'd contact Michael about performing. And while Michael was grateful for the offer he turned it down," the source said.
Moreover, the source also revealed Michael's reason to turn down David's request saying, "He wants the event to appeal to a younger generation and feels that Dave wouldn't." Aside from picking the legendary rocker, the organizers made a surprising and controversial decision by adding a hip-hop act Jay-Z on the annually rock-oriented event, to be held on June 27-29.
Beside planning to perform at Glastonbury, the 62-year-old rocker has also hinted to the press that there could be another reunion concert of his band. "Who knows? Who knows the future? I haven't absolutely said 'no' to the possibility, but I think that in reality any sort of long-term thing together is not going to happen," David said.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards