Katharine McPhee Gets Her First Serious Role in 'Storyteller'
The American Idol alumni Katharine McPhee seems to be craving to be a film star. In about three months time on August 22, the 24-year-old singer is going to make her feature film debut when Columbia Pictures' comedy film "The House Bunny" hits the theaters. But, before the flick even gets near the big screen, she has landed yet another part in a feature film and this time she gets a tougher role.
The runner-up of the fifth American Idol season has come aboard an independent suspense thriller "The Storyteller" in which she will be playing Tina, a writer's assistant investigating the truth behind her boss' muse and narrator of his stories. The "Over It" singer will be sharing screen with Wes Bentley and Anita Briem in this psychological drama.
Set to be released in early 2009, "Storyteller" is a movie project from filmmakers Robert Angelo Masciantonio. It resolves around a writer who is experiencing a downward spiral following his father's death forcing his assistant to find out whether his muse as well as narrator for his stories is a product of his imagination. The movie is scheduled to be shot in August.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera