Katharine McPhee Gets Her First Serious Role in 'Storyteller'
The American Idol alumni Katharine McPhee seems to be craving to be a film star. In about three months time on August 22, the 24-year-old singer is going to make her feature film debut when Columbia Pictures' comedy film "The House Bunny" hits the theaters. But, before the flick even gets near the big screen, she has landed yet another part in a feature film and this time she gets a tougher role.
The runner-up of the fifth American Idol season has come aboard an independent suspense thriller "The Storyteller" in which she will be playing Tina, a writer's assistant investigating the truth behind her boss' muse and narrator of his stories. The "Over It" singer will be sharing screen with Wes Bentley and Anita Briem in this psychological drama.
Set to be released in early 2009, "Storyteller" is a movie project from filmmakers Robert Angelo Masciantonio. It resolves around a writer who is experiencing a downward spiral following his father's death forcing his assistant to find out whether his muse as well as narrator for his stories is a product of his imagination. The movie is scheduled to be shot in August.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says