Katharine McPhee Gets Her First Serious Role in 'Storyteller'
The American Idol alumni Katharine McPhee seems to be craving to be a film star. In about three months time on August 22, the 24-year-old singer is going to make her feature film debut when Columbia Pictures' comedy film "The House Bunny" hits the theaters. But, before the flick even gets near the big screen, she has landed yet another part in a feature film and this time she gets a tougher role.
The runner-up of the fifth American Idol season has come aboard an independent suspense thriller "The Storyteller" in which she will be playing Tina, a writer's assistant investigating the truth behind her boss' muse and narrator of his stories. The "Over It" singer will be sharing screen with Wes Bentley and Anita Briem in this psychological drama.
Set to be released in early 2009, "Storyteller" is a movie project from filmmakers Robert Angelo Masciantonio. It resolves around a writer who is experiencing a downward spiral following his father's death forcing his assistant to find out whether his muse as well as narrator for his stories is a product of his imagination. The movie is scheduled to be shot in August.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny