Katharine McPhee Gets Her First Serious Role in 'Storyteller'
The American Idol alumni Katharine McPhee seems to be craving to be a film star. In about three months time on August 22, the 24-year-old singer is going to make her feature film debut when Columbia Pictures' comedy film "The House Bunny" hits the theaters. But, before the flick even gets near the big screen, she has landed yet another part in a feature film and this time she gets a tougher role.
The runner-up of the fifth American Idol season has come aboard an independent suspense thriller "The Storyteller" in which she will be playing Tina, a writer's assistant investigating the truth behind her boss' muse and narrator of his stories. The "Over It" singer will be sharing screen with Wes Bentley and Anita Briem in this psychological drama.
Set to be released in early 2009, "Storyteller" is a movie project from filmmakers Robert Angelo Masciantonio. It resolves around a writer who is experiencing a downward spiral following his father's death forcing his assistant to find out whether his muse as well as narrator for his stories is a product of his imagination. The movie is scheduled to be shot in August.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'