Sticker Character 'Emily the Strange' Adapted to Movie
Emily is a 13-year-old girl with a gothic appearance and point of view. She is considered to be a feminist icon and she originally is a freebie sticker character passed out on concert which has spawned into comic book series. But, now this fictional counterculture character will be making her first big break as she will be adapted into a big screen feature film, "Emily the Strange", by Dark Horse Entertainment.
Set to be produced by Dark Horse's topper Mike Richardson, the movie will tell the origin story of this little goth girl and her four cats, Sabbath the troublemaker, Nee-Chee the schemer, Miles the creative, and Mystery the leader of the group. On the decision of bringing the character to the silver screen, the producer of "Hellboy" series reasoned, "Emily herself is very appealing little girl, there's an edge to her. There is something very alluring to her image; people see it and respond to it immediately."
Concerning the format of the movie, Richardson explained that the decision on whether the movie is made a live action one or animation will lay on the hands of its filmmaker, who is yet to be decided. He assured though that the movie will include 13 new characters with names like Earwig, Umlaut, McFreeley and Officer Summers. The tidbit will also be the foundation for the novel set to be published in 2009.
"Emily" character is introduced by skateboarder Rob Reger and since it was first presented, it has been printed in many other forms, including in T-shirts, accessories and comic books. It is initially made to promote Cosmic Debris, the clothing line founded by Reger and racecar driver Matt Reed. The character's design is made by Reger's friend Nathan Carrico in 1991.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child