The Production of 'Ninja Assassin' Unraveled
Despite the fact that their last movie "Speed Racer" has delivered a big disappointment at the box office chart, the Wachowski brothers refused to linger on the failure and apparently decided to move on with their next project "Ninja Assassin". On Thursday, May 29, Warner Bros. Pictures made an announcement over the production of the action adventure film produced by the famous brothers stating that the shooting of the movie has begun.
The studio didn't let out the exact date the film started to roll its camera. They merely stated that the principal photography is underway and it is taking place at Babelsberg Studios as well as on location in various parts of Berlin. The filming will be done under the direction of "V for Vendetta" helmer James McTeigue using a script written by Matthew Sand and J. Michael Straczynski.
Said to be inspired by the ninja fighting scenes featured in "Speed Racer", "Assassin" tells the story of Raizo, a boy raised to be one of the deadliest assassins in the world by the secret society Ozunu Clan. When his friend was murdered by the Clan, he goes astray and plans to avenge the death. One day, he saves Europol agent Mika Coretti targeted by the Clan for investigating the underground network of untraceable assassins. Determined to bring down the Clan, the two now have to work together to survive and unveil the truth. The film starring Rain, Naomie Harris, Ben Miles, Sho Kosugi and Rick Yune is set for 2009 release.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby