Sammy Hagar Taps Chad Smith and Joe Satriani for a New Band
Rock fans are about to witness the coming of a super new band formed by ex-Van Halen vocalist, Sammy Hagar. Accompanying Sammy for the band's line up are great names in the music scene, such as guitar legend Joe Satriani, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer, Chad Smith and ex-Van Halen bass player, Michael Anthony.
The star studded affair plans to give their collaboration act, Chickenfoot as its name. Revealing the story behind the forming of the new band, Chad told media that the reason he was involved in the project saying, "If you're in Cabo, of course you know Sammy' cause he rules the joint. He's a really nice man, he's a great guy actually. Somehow he's taken a liking to me, and we played in Vegas, and we played some cover songs-we're a good cover band now."
Moreover, the drummer also said about the current works from the band saying, "Him and Joe got together up at his place and they wrote, like, five things together, and we'll see." Adding to Chad's explanation, Sammy told the press, "We've written eight, nine song... When people hear the music, it's Led Zeppelin. It's as good as that. I know that's a mighty bold statement... We could rival Zep!"
Before planing to form Chickenfoot, Sammy has actually done other side projects with Joe and Anthony. The previous project is called Planet Us and was formed in 2002.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt