Britney Spears Heading for Broadway, Tipped to Play in the Stage Version of 'Grease'
Got positive reviews for her starring role on the TV sitcom "How I Met Your Mother", Britney Spears is attempting to go to a higher level. She, as claimed by various media reports, is heading for Broadway, being tipped for a role in the stage version of "Grease".
Spears is said to be still in talks to take part in the hit musical "Grease." "The producers were bouncing around the idea of casting Britney in the role of Sandy," British newspaper Metro quoted a source as saying. "They're recasting the roles in July and they thought that Britney looked like a Sandy. She would be terrific."
No words just yet on when the deal will be finalized.
In other Britney news, she reportedly has started the recording of new materials for her upcoming LP, the follow up of her latest one "Blackout".
Has been working hard at her forthcoming effort, Britney already got praise from J.R. Rotem who said, "She's great. She's like a master at what she does. She's a lot more experienced than most people. She just has the 'it' factor that not every artist has. So it's always nice to work with her."
More Britney Spears News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower