'Beverly Hills Cop' Gets Fourth Film, Brett Ratner to Direct
The arguable success of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in collecting gold at the box office can be said to be inspiring filmmakers on bringing other memorable '80s films to the big screen. Following the release of Indy movies' fourth installment, Paramount Pictures are said to be on track on resurrecting the award-winning "Beverly Hills Cop" series to the big screen through its fourth film.
Like Indiana Jones who brings back its original actor Harrison Ford to reprise his iconic character, "Beverly Hills Cop IV" has Eddie Murphy attached to portray Detroit cop Axel Foley once more. Still, unlike Indy which maintained to have director Steven Spielberg for all of the four movie series, BHC will be having yet another helmer. It is reported that "X-Men: The Last Stand" filmmaker Brett Ratner may follow the footsteps of directors Martin Brest, Tony Scott and John Landis as he is negotiating to helm the latest BHC film.
This new BHC tidbit is planned to be starting its production in 2009 to get a summer 2010 release. It will be produced by "Transformers 2" producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. A writer for the film's script has yet to be signed, but it is said that one will be hired soon. Regarding the original BHC movie, it was released on December 5, 1984 and has collected $316 million worldwide. The second movie got out on May 20, 1987 grossing in total $300 million, whereas the third came out on May 25, 1994 and pulled in $119.2 million worldwide.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?