'Spider-Man' Recasting Speculation Ruled Out
Less than 48 hours after the speculation about the replacing of Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man created media frenzy on the Internet, the rumor has been quickly toned down. On Thursday, May 28, Sony Pictures came out and threw water to the escalating fire stating that the reports about the recasting of Spider-Man role is a mere rumor.
The studio have sent an e-mail to Cinema Blend through which they denied any truth to the casting speculation. "The information is unsupported and not true," parts of the e-mail read. "This rumor is ridiculously untrue." Adding to the rumor dismissal, IESB reported that Steve Elzer, the head of Media Relations for Sony/Columbia Pictures claimed that the reports about the replacing of Maguire with Patrick Fugit is completely false. He also insisted that Maguire is still Spider-Man saying, "No one is being considered for the role but Tobey. Period."
The story of Spider-Man's recasting came out earlier when Latino Review posted an article which pondered on who of the two young actors, Fugit or Michael Angarano, will have better chance at replacing Maguire for the red and blue costumed superhero role in the next "Spider-Man" movie. But, as the denial came out, it is perhaps safe to say that Maguire may be come back for "Spider-Man 4". Regardless, the future reports on the fourth installment of the Marvel's superhero movie may bring a better clue on who is chosen as the leading character.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift