'Spider-Man' Recasting Speculation Ruled Out
Less than 48 hours after the speculation about the replacing of Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man created media frenzy on the Internet, the rumor has been quickly toned down. On Thursday, May 28, Sony Pictures came out and threw water to the escalating fire stating that the reports about the recasting of Spider-Man role is a mere rumor.
The studio have sent an e-mail to Cinema Blend through which they denied any truth to the casting speculation. "The information is unsupported and not true," parts of the e-mail read. "This rumor is ridiculously untrue." Adding to the rumor dismissal, IESB reported that Steve Elzer, the head of Media Relations for Sony/Columbia Pictures claimed that the reports about the replacing of Maguire with Patrick Fugit is completely false. He also insisted that Maguire is still Spider-Man saying, "No one is being considered for the role but Tobey. Period."
The story of Spider-Man's recasting came out earlier when Latino Review posted an article which pondered on who of the two young actors, Fugit or Michael Angarano, will have better chance at replacing Maguire for the red and blue costumed superhero role in the next "Spider-Man" movie. But, as the denial came out, it is perhaps safe to say that Maguire may be come back for "Spider-Man 4". Regardless, the future reports on the fourth installment of the Marvel's superhero movie may bring a better clue on who is chosen as the leading character.
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- Scott Disick Hoping for 'Awkward Run-In' With Kourtney Kardashian During Outing With Bella Thorne
- Camila Cabello Teams Up With Ed Sheeran, Pharrell and Charli XCX on Upcoming Album
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago