T.I. Signed On for MTV Show Chronicling His 1,000 Hours of Community Service
Jail sentence turns out to be a blessing in disguise for T.I. The hip hop artist is cashing in on his past crime, signs a deal to star in a new reality show for MTV which will follow him as he performs 1,000 hours of community service in advance of a one-year prison term next year for possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon, stemmed from an arrest hours before the BET Awards back on October 13, 2007.
The untitled Ish Entertainment show reportedly has already captured T.I.'s release from house arrest and will begin shooting full-time this summer as he performs his 1,000 hours of community service, leading up to his return to jail in early 2009. MTV has ordered six episodes of the show and is planning to air the show soon after T.I. goes to jail.
In addition to T.I.'s legal woes, the show will also chronicle the release of his new album, "Paper Trail," which is scheduled to marry the street on August 12 later this year, and the birth of his newborn son.
T.I. was charged with illegally purchasing machine guns and silencers in an Atlanta parking lot, hours before the BET Awards back October last year. He was charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, unlawful possession of machine guns and possession of firearms by a convicted felon. He's facing 30 years in prison if convicted of the charges.
He and his longtime girlfriend Tameka Cottle celebrated the birth of their other son, named Major Harris, on May 16. T.I. and Tameka are already parents to another son, Clifford Harris III. The couple were expecting a daughter, later on named Llayah Amour, to be born in June 2007, but she was stillborn late night on March 21, 2007.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics