Illegally Downloaded, Usher's New Album Sales Still Going Strong
Bad news and good news arrive for Usher regarding his new album. Latest reports claim that the singer has lost a fortune in royalties for his new record. It happened because his new LP "Here I Stand" was illegally downloaded more than half a million times just before its official release date on May 27.
According to the reports, Usher's "Here I Stand" already surfaces on the Internet one week before the LP's official launching. Moreover CMU music reported that in total, the album and its individual tracks, were downloaded about 554,716 times through a peer-to-peer file sharing application, BitTorrent.
Meanwhile, despite reports saying he has already lost a fortune from its possible royalty for his new record, it seems that the singer's new set's sales is not affected by it. "Here I Stand"'s sales reportedly is going very well as according to Nielsen SoundScan, in its first day of the release the record has sold about 146,000 copies. That amount is close to Mariah Carey's "E=MC²" which sold about 154,000 copies on its first day.
Beside promoting his new album, Usher is also preparing himself for a special performance as he has been tapped to sing at the upcoming BET Awards. The R 'n' B singer is being set as the opening act at the annual event which will be held on June 24.
More Usher News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!