Illegally Downloaded, Usher's New Album Sales Still Going Strong
Bad news and good news arrive for Usher regarding his new album. Latest reports claim that the singer has lost a fortune in royalties for his new record. It happened because his new LP "Here I Stand" was illegally downloaded more than half a million times just before its official release date on May 27.
According to the reports, Usher's "Here I Stand" already surfaces on the Internet one week before the LP's official launching. Moreover CMU music reported that in total, the album and its individual tracks, were downloaded about 554,716 times through a peer-to-peer file sharing application, BitTorrent.
Meanwhile, despite reports saying he has already lost a fortune from its possible royalty for his new record, it seems that the singer's new set's sales is not affected by it. "Here I Stand"'s sales reportedly is going very well as according to Nielsen SoundScan, in its first day of the release the record has sold about 146,000 copies. That amount is close to Mariah Carey's "E=MC²" which sold about 154,000 copies on its first day.
Beside promoting his new album, Usher is also preparing himself for a special performance as he has been tapped to sing at the upcoming BET Awards. The R 'n' B singer is being set as the opening act at the annual event which will be held on June 24.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'