Ashlee Simpson Takes Hubby's Name, Becomes Ashlee Wentz
Forget the baby bump, Ashlee Simpson has just made public another new confirmation, a name change. Wed her longtime boyfriend Pete Wentz in a top secret wedding at the Encino home of her parents on May 17, Ashlee is legally a Wentz.
The pop artist has confirmed she's taken her rocker hubby's name and become Ashlee Wentz in private while would be professionally known as Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. The name change was first made public by People on Wednesday, May 28.
"I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man," so she said. "It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."
Commenting on his wife's name change, Wentz admitted he was flattered. "Oh man, I was like upgrade me! You know what I'm saying? The Wentz family, our Christmas card just got upgraded!" he revealed. "It feels insane. It feels unreal."
He furthermore claimed that he left the name change decision to Ashlee, saying "These decisions with Ashlee and her name are all completely up to Ashlee. I want her to do these kinds of things the way she wants to do them."
More Ashlee Simpson News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory