Ashlee Simpson Takes Hubby's Name, Becomes Ashlee Wentz
Forget the baby bump, Ashlee Simpson has just made public another new confirmation, a name change. Wed her longtime boyfriend Pete Wentz in a top secret wedding at the Encino home of her parents on May 17, Ashlee is legally a Wentz.
The pop artist has confirmed she's taken her rocker hubby's name and become Ashlee Wentz in private while would be professionally known as Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. The name change was first made public by People on Wednesday, May 28.
"I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man," so she said. "It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."
Commenting on his wife's name change, Wentz admitted he was flattered. "Oh man, I was like upgrade me! You know what I'm saying? The Wentz family, our Christmas card just got upgraded!" he revealed. "It feels insane. It feels unreal."
He furthermore claimed that he left the name change decision to Ashlee, saying "These decisions with Ashlee and her name are all completely up to Ashlee. I want her to do these kinds of things the way she wants to do them."
More Ashlee Simpson News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones