Ashlee Simpson Takes Hubby's Name, Becomes Ashlee Wentz
Forget the baby bump, Ashlee Simpson has just made public another new confirmation, a name change. Wed her longtime boyfriend Pete Wentz in a top secret wedding at the Encino home of her parents on May 17, Ashlee is legally a Wentz.
The pop artist has confirmed she's taken her rocker hubby's name and become Ashlee Wentz in private while would be professionally known as Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. The name change was first made public by People on Wednesday, May 28.
"I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man," so she said. "It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."
Commenting on his wife's name change, Wentz admitted he was flattered. "Oh man, I was like upgrade me! You know what I'm saying? The Wentz family, our Christmas card just got upgraded!" he revealed. "It feels insane. It feels unreal."
He furthermore claimed that he left the name change decision to Ashlee, saying "These decisions with Ashlee and her name are all completely up to Ashlee. I want her to do these kinds of things the way she wants to do them."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest