Ashlee Simpson Takes Hubby's Name, Becomes Ashlee Wentz
Forget the baby bump, Ashlee Simpson has just made public another new confirmation, a name change. Wed her longtime boyfriend Pete Wentz in a top secret wedding at the Encino home of her parents on May 17, Ashlee is legally a Wentz.
The pop artist has confirmed she's taken her rocker hubby's name and become Ashlee Wentz in private while would be professionally known as Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. The name change was first made public by People on Wednesday, May 28.
"I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man," so she said. "It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."
Commenting on his wife's name change, Wentz admitted he was flattered. "Oh man, I was like upgrade me! You know what I'm saying? The Wentz family, our Christmas card just got upgraded!" he revealed. "It feels insane. It feels unreal."
He furthermore claimed that he left the name change decision to Ashlee, saying "These decisions with Ashlee and her name are all completely up to Ashlee. I want her to do these kinds of things the way she wants to do them."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart