LL Cool J Joins Forces with Sears to Launch Kids Clothing
LL Cool J is invading the world of fashion design. The hip hop artist is teaming up with U.S. chain store Sears to launch a clothing line for young boys and girls.
The line, which is about to be called LL Cool J for Sears, will feature casual sportswear ranging from $22-$50 in price, and will be made available in 450 of Sears' 900 stores in September. The clothes will feature personal elements of the hip hop artist, from a tattoo embroidered on a jacket, to lyrics from his songs on a t-shirt.
Speaking to Women's Wear Daily (WWD) about his new business venture, LL said "I was raised by a matriarch, I have a wife and three daughters, so I know what women are looking for when they shop for clothes. Clothes have to make a woman feel good, relaxed and sexy. We are going to be constantly looking at fine-tuning the fit and we'll get it right."
Made public their partnership, Sears announced Tuesday, May 27 LL Cool J's clothing will be offered in the juniors, kids and young men's departments, with plans to also offer accessories in the near future.
In other LL news, he is currently gearing up for the release of his thirteenth album titled "Exit 13" which is slated to hit the stores on July 8.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media