Nas Plans to Release a Mixtape Titled 'The Nigger Tape'
Although having to change his upcoming album's title "Nigger", Nas is still insisting to drop a record under that name. Knowing that he can't use the word "Nigger" in an official studio album, he plans to put it on a mixtape he will release soon.
The mixtape itself will be called "The Nigger Tape" and on it he teams up with DJ Green Lantern. Confirming that plan, DJ Green said, "I guess it shows you the power of Wal-Mart and Target. If that was the case, it's definitely scary because it kind of fucks with your artistic vision. But Nas and DJ Green Lantern are coming out with a mixtape called 'The Nigger Tape'. Can't nobody hold that back."
The tape hasn't been set its official release date yet, but details about the songs that will be featured on it have been revealed. Reports claim that the set will feature exclusive tracks, such as unreleased verse of Nas' "Be A Nigger Too", DJ Green's "Black President", "Legendary" and a new version of "The Last Real Nigga Alive".
Meanwhile, Nas upcoming studio album which is currently still untitled will be hitting the stores on July 1. Previously, the rapper planned to name the new LP "Nigger", but it was then dropped after he receives lots of pressure from his label's executives, the media and retailers who think that the tittle is too controversial.
More Nas News
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos