Nas Plans to Release a Mixtape Titled 'The Nigger Tape'
Although having to change his upcoming album's title "Nigger", Nas is still insisting to drop a record under that name. Knowing that he can't use the word "Nigger" in an official studio album, he plans to put it on a mixtape he will release soon.
The mixtape itself will be called "The Nigger Tape" and on it he teams up with DJ Green Lantern. Confirming that plan, DJ Green said, "I guess it shows you the power of Wal-Mart and Target. If that was the case, it's definitely scary because it kind of fucks with your artistic vision. But Nas and DJ Green Lantern are coming out with a mixtape called 'The Nigger Tape'. Can't nobody hold that back."
The tape hasn't been set its official release date yet, but details about the songs that will be featured on it have been revealed. Reports claim that the set will feature exclusive tracks, such as unreleased verse of Nas' "Be A Nigger Too", DJ Green's "Black President", "Legendary" and a new version of "The Last Real Nigga Alive".
Meanwhile, Nas upcoming studio album which is currently still untitled will be hitting the stores on July 1. Previously, the rapper planned to name the new LP "Nigger", but it was then dropped after he receives lots of pressure from his label's executives, the media and retailers who think that the tittle is too controversial.
More Nas News
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?