Dave Grohl Denies Writing Metallica an Open Letter
Recent news claiming that Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has written an open letter for Metallica saying that they should not release their new album unless it is really good turns out to be a false one. That fact occurs after Dave's himself denied that he has written the letter and insisted that the whole thing was just a media blow up.
The drummer turned singer stated his denial on his band's official website, writing, "Just wanted to write a quick note to clear up this whole 'Open letter to Metallica' fiasco... For the record, I never 'wrote' anything to Metallica." Dave also explained that his word was exaggerated by a journalist that recently interviewed him, "I was asked by a journalist, at the end of a long interview (abut the Foo Fighters) to give a quick message to Metallica in the studio. So, I rattled that quote off the top of my head. No biggie, right? Somehow it became my 'open letter' to the band."
The band's lead singer then added that he is a big fan of Metallica, but if he does have something to say to them he'd rather text them than write an open letter. "Now, it's true that I've been a loyal fan of this band for 25 years, and I can't wait to hear the new shit, but an "open letter" to the band?!!?? Nah. Not my style. I'd rather just text 'em," Dave wrote.
In other news, Foo Fighters themselves are preparing to appear at tribute concert "VH1 Rock Honors". The show, which was intended as a tribute for English rock legend The Who, will be held at the L.A.'s Pauley Pavilion on July 12.
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies