Dave Grohl Denies Writing Metallica an Open Letter
Recent news claiming that Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has written an open letter for Metallica saying that they should not release their new album unless it is really good turns out to be a false one. That fact occurs after Dave's himself denied that he has written the letter and insisted that the whole thing was just a media blow up.
The drummer turned singer stated his denial on his band's official website, writing, "Just wanted to write a quick note to clear up this whole 'Open letter to Metallica' fiasco... For the record, I never 'wrote' anything to Metallica." Dave also explained that his word was exaggerated by a journalist that recently interviewed him, "I was asked by a journalist, at the end of a long interview (abut the Foo Fighters) to give a quick message to Metallica in the studio. So, I rattled that quote off the top of my head. No biggie, right? Somehow it became my 'open letter' to the band."
The band's lead singer then added that he is a big fan of Metallica, but if he does have something to say to them he'd rather text them than write an open letter. "Now, it's true that I've been a loyal fan of this band for 25 years, and I can't wait to hear the new shit, but an "open letter" to the band?!!?? Nah. Not my style. I'd rather just text 'em," Dave wrote.
In other news, Foo Fighters themselves are preparing to appear at tribute concert "VH1 Rock Honors". The show, which was intended as a tribute for English rock legend The Who, will be held at the L.A.'s Pauley Pavilion on July 12.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back