Paul McCartney Honored by Yale University
As if being hailed as one of the most legendary and influential musicians in the world is not enough, Paul McCartney received another acknowledgment for his music career. After already been knighted by the Queen of England in 1996, Paul received another prestigious honor on Monday, May 26, this time it's from Yale University.
The famous institute awarded the title of honorary Doctor of Music degree to the legendary musician because they believe that the 65-year-old singer has given lots of contribution and influence on waking up a generation and creating new and fresh sound in rock and roll and rhythm and blues. Yale also believe that Paul deserves the title because no one could be compared to him.
At the ceremony, before awarding the honor to the British singer, the university president, Richard Levin, said "Here, there and everywhere, you have pushed the boundaries of the familiar to create new classics. We admire your musical genius and your generous support of worthy causes." Meanwhile, just as Paul walked to the stage to receive the award, the university band honored him by playing one of The Beatles' hit songs, "Hey Jude".
The ex-Beatles bassist has arrived at Yale one day before the ceremony on Sunday, May 25, where he used his time to visit a downtown art gallery and had dinner with the institute dignitaries.
In other news, Paul recently has been rumored to do a reunion concert with the remaining member of The Beatles, Ringo Starr. They reportedly will play together at the Sound City music festival in Liverpool, which will be held from May 27-30.
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?