Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi to Wed at President Bush's Texas Ranch
Ellen DeGeneres arguably is a lucky lesbian. The talk show host would possibly hold her planned nuptials to longtime girlfriend Portia de Rossi at President Bush's Crawford, Texas ranch as the first daughter Jenna Hager offered her family's ranch for her to be used as a wedding location.
Jenna wed Henry Chase Hager at a private ceremony on May 10, 2008 at her parents' Prairie Chapel Ranch near Crawford, Texas. Showed up with her mother Laura Bush for a taping for Ellen's show Thursday, May 22, Jenna discussed a number of issues, one of which was her recent wedding.
It was when she was talking about that matter that Ellen asked her, "So, the ranch was a great place to get married - it looked like nobody could fly over and get pictures or bother you, really?"
Got a quick "yeah" from Jenna, Ellen went on asking, "So, can we borrow it for our wedding, can we get the ranch?". As for this question, Jenna simply said "Sure". "Okay, great," Ellen then stated.
Watch next Wednesday's "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" for the interesting conversation.
Ellen announced during the taping of her talk show on May 15 that she planned to wed longtime lesbian lover Portia de Rossi. The announcement came hot on the heels of California Supreme Court's dismissal of the state's ban on gay marriage.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle