Kanye West Sued Over Unapproved Music Samples
After having trouble over his recent gig for the "Glow In The Dark Tour", Kanye West has to face another one. This time Kanye is facing a lawsuit made by Kathleen Firrantello, the daughter of late jazz musician Joe Farrell, who accused him of using her father's music without an approval.
Kathleen didn't only file the suit against Kanye, but she also charged other musicians Method Man, Redman, Common and also those artists' recording companies, Def Jam Music Group and its label Roc-A-Fella Records, Universal Music Group with its labels Interscope Records, Geffen Records and A&M Records and Vivendi. The suit naming those artists and labels was filed in the U.S. District Court in New York City, on Thursday 22.
The music that Kathleen claimed was used by the rappers is a portion of his father's 1974 track "Upon This Rock". She explained that part of the track was being featured on Kanye's "Gone", Common's "Chi Chi" and in Method Man & Redman's "Run 4 Cover".
Moreover, according to the lawsuit, Kathleen is looking for compensation worth about $1 million and also asked that no more copies of the song should be sold, made and performed. Meanwhile, until this date there hasn't been any comments from the rappers and the recording companies' representative to answer this allegation.
Previously, Kanye has also involved in a feud over his concert review with a music reviewer from Entertainment Weekly, Chris Willman. The rapper was upset with the review Chris made about one of his concerts and wrote his outburst on his blog entry. But not long after it the "Gold Digger" rapper said his apology to EW stating that he was a bit too harsh on them.
More Kanye West News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season