Marvel Go On Another Comic Venture With 'Runaways'
Apparently, the massive success garnered by "Iron Man" has boosted up Marvel Studios' confidence in bringing more and more of their comic book adaptation to the silver screen. After announcing a list of release dates from their upcoming movies, the production company are planning on making another movie from their comic book "Runaways".
The action adventure film will be scripted by the comic book series co-creator Brian K. Vaughan who is known also for his work in "Y: The Last Man" comic series and script writing part on television series "Lost". Focusing the story on a group of teenagers running away from home after discovering that their parents are super-villains, "Runaways" follows these young band of superheroes as they embark on a journey of finding their roots while trying to make up for the evil deeds their parents have caused.
Compared to the other superhero characters developed into movie adaptations, this latest-to-be-picked-up comic book series is relatively new. The series has been firstly launched in 2002 as part of Marvel Comics' "Tsunami" imprint. The printing format of the series was then changed into a collected small, manga-sized trade paperbacks in 2003 when Marvel canceled the "Tsunami" imprint. In 2006, "Runaways" won a Harvey Award for best series.
More Runaways News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars