Marvel Go On Another Comic Venture With 'Runaways'
Apparently, the massive success garnered by "Iron Man" has boosted up Marvel Studios' confidence in bringing more and more of their comic book adaptation to the silver screen. After announcing a list of release dates from their upcoming movies, the production company are planning on making another movie from their comic book "Runaways".
The action adventure film will be scripted by the comic book series co-creator Brian K. Vaughan who is known also for his work in "Y: The Last Man" comic series and script writing part on television series "Lost". Focusing the story on a group of teenagers running away from home after discovering that their parents are super-villains, "Runaways" follows these young band of superheroes as they embark on a journey of finding their roots while trying to make up for the evil deeds their parents have caused.
Compared to the other superhero characters developed into movie adaptations, this latest-to-be-picked-up comic book series is relatively new. The series has been firstly launched in 2002 as part of Marvel Comics' "Tsunami" imprint. The printing format of the series was then changed into a collected small, manga-sized trade paperbacks in 2003 when Marvel canceled the "Tsunami" imprint. In 2006, "Runaways" won a Harvey Award for best series.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie