Marvel Go On Another Comic Venture With 'Runaways'
Apparently, the massive success garnered by "Iron Man" has boosted up Marvel Studios' confidence in bringing more and more of their comic book adaptation to the silver screen. After announcing a list of release dates from their upcoming movies, the production company are planning on making another movie from their comic book "Runaways".
The action adventure film will be scripted by the comic book series co-creator Brian K. Vaughan who is known also for his work in "Y: The Last Man" comic series and script writing part on television series "Lost". Focusing the story on a group of teenagers running away from home after discovering that their parents are super-villains, "Runaways" follows these young band of superheroes as they embark on a journey of finding their roots while trying to make up for the evil deeds their parents have caused.
Compared to the other superhero characters developed into movie adaptations, this latest-to-be-picked-up comic book series is relatively new. The series has been firstly launched in 2002 as part of Marvel Comics' "Tsunami" imprint. The printing format of the series was then changed into a collected small, manga-sized trade paperbacks in 2003 when Marvel canceled the "Tsunami" imprint. In 2006, "Runaways" won a Harvey Award for best series.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video