Red Hot Chili Peppers Announce a One Year Break
Fans of funk-rock super group Red Hot Chili Peppers will have to be patient to wait for the band's new project. That fact occurs after Red Hot announced that they decided to take a year break from any project of the band due to the tiredness they were having after working on their last album "Stadium Arcadium" and tours.
The news was confirmed by the band's lead vocalist Anthony Kiedis in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine. Confirming the news and revealing the reason to take a break, Kiedis said, "We're disbanded for the moment. We actually took a very long time to make the 'Stadium Arcadium' record, because we wrote a lot of songs and then got way too married to them and decided we need it to be a double album. Which was a great experience, but it took forever. It was really a grueling, long haul."
Moreover, Kiedis also stated that the decision to disband for a year was the result of the discussion that they made at the end of their tour. "We were all emotionally and mentally zapped at the end of that run. Cooler heads prevailed and the discussion at the end of our last tour was. Let's not do anything Red Hot Chili Peppers-related for a minimum of one year, and just live and breathe and eat and learn new things," said Kiedis.
Revealing the band's activities during the break, Kiedis said, "I was about to have a brand new son. Flea is very inspired to re-up his musical direction and ability and skill and he wants to learn new stuff. John has been firing away on his own, making different solo projects. And Chad joined a jazz band and went to Japan. I'm just home, hanging out with this really cool little kid, learning how to surf." Despite already deciding to rest, the singer claimed that he is currently tempted to make some new songs and pieces of music. "But I'm starting to get just a little bit of a tingle that it would be nice to start thinking about songs and pieces of music. But just pieces," Kiedis explained.
More Red Hot Chili Peppers News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7