Red Hot Chili Peppers Announce a One Year Break
Fans of funk-rock super group Red Hot Chili Peppers will have to be patient to wait for the band's new project. That fact occurs after Red Hot announced that they decided to take a year break from any project of the band due to the tiredness they were having after working on their last album "Stadium Arcadium" and tours.
The news was confirmed by the band's lead vocalist Anthony Kiedis in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine. Confirming the news and revealing the reason to take a break, Kiedis said, "We're disbanded for the moment. We actually took a very long time to make the 'Stadium Arcadium' record, because we wrote a lot of songs and then got way too married to them and decided we need it to be a double album. Which was a great experience, but it took forever. It was really a grueling, long haul."
Moreover, Kiedis also stated that the decision to disband for a year was the result of the discussion that they made at the end of their tour. "We were all emotionally and mentally zapped at the end of that run. Cooler heads prevailed and the discussion at the end of our last tour was. Let's not do anything Red Hot Chili Peppers-related for a minimum of one year, and just live and breathe and eat and learn new things," said Kiedis.
Revealing the band's activities during the break, Kiedis said, "I was about to have a brand new son. Flea is very inspired to re-up his musical direction and ability and skill and he wants to learn new stuff. John has been firing away on his own, making different solo projects. And Chad joined a jazz band and went to Japan. I'm just home, hanging out with this really cool little kid, learning how to surf." Despite already deciding to rest, the singer claimed that he is currently tempted to make some new songs and pieces of music. "But I'm starting to get just a little bit of a tingle that it would be nice to start thinking about songs and pieces of music. But just pieces," Kiedis explained.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'