Nas Forced to Change New Album Title
Musicians can't just name their album the way they they like it, that's the lesson Nas has just learned. Due to the pressure he receives from label executives, retailers and also media, the rapper has decided to change his upcoming record's title.
The new LP which he previously named "Nigger" will be changed, but at the moment it is still untitled. Rumored has it that the record, which is set to drop on July 1, will be called "Nas" although it won't be a self-titled effort.
Commenting on the upcoming album, the rapper said, "It's important to me that this album gets to the fans. It's been a long time coming. I want my fans to know that creatively and lyrically, they can expect the same content and the same messages. It's that important. The streets have been waiting for this for a long time." Moreover about the fact that he has to change the new set's title, Nas explained, "The people will always know what the real title of this album is and what to call it."
Meanwhile, although his album hasn't been released yet and he has not set the first single to be spawned from the set, a song from the LP, "N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and the Master)" has been leaked. The song is the second that has been streamed from the upcoming record after another track "Be a Nigger Too" was also released the end of April.
Nas' "N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and the Master)" audio:
More Nas News
- Liv Tyler, Mark Gatiss and Peter Mullan Will Star on BBC's 'Gunpowder'
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo