Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson to Collaborate on 3rd 'Tintin'
Awhile back, the confirmation about the signing of two talented helmers, Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson, for the first two installments of "Tintin" has been outed. In spite of the announcement made, reports still left a big question concerning who will sit in the director's seat for the third film. However, latest report concerning the third film suggested that the two may collaborate to bring to the silver screen.
The rumor of the teaming up of the two acclaimed filmmakers has been sparked by Spielberg himself while he was discussing about his latest adventure movie "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" at Cannes Film Festival. On the occasion, the 60-year-old unveiled that the three "Tintin" movies will be made back-to-back. Explaining further about the order of the directing shared between him and Jackson, he said, "I'll direct the first one, Peter will direct the second one. We'll probably co-direct the third one."
Whether or not Spielberg's remark on the directors of the third film is true, the first "Tintin" will be shot under his direction in September 2008, while the second will be helmed by Jackson following the completion of the first presumably. The trilogy will follow the around the world adventures of a junior reporter and his canine companion. Regarding which adventures from the comic-strips to be picked up to the big screen is yet to be confirmed. All three films are said to be starred by Thomas Sangster as the titular characters and Andy Serkis as the famous cynical Captain Haddock.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal