Rihanna Leaping to Silver Screen
Nowadays, Hollywood seems to have a new trend in the entertainment industry since many of successful actors are trying their luck in the music industry and vice versa. With reports from the music biz buzzing around Scarlett Johansson's attempt in debuting her recording, the R 'n' B princess, Rihanna is going to expand her fans base by adding moviegoers to the already expanding numbers of her fanatics.
Having massive success with her hit songs "Umbrella" and "Don't Stop the Music" under her sleeves, the Barbados-born singer reportedly is turning her attention to land a movie role. The singer who is romantically linked to Chris Brown is now said to be going to play in a drama movie entitled "Mama Black Widow" co-starring Kerry Washington, Mos Def and Macy Gray. The speculation of her starring in the movie perhaps holds some truth in it, after all she has expressed interest in acting saying, "I don't know how good I'll be at it, but it's something that I want to try."
Though the character to be played by Rihanna has yet unveiled, the movie has geared up on its pre-production mode. Set in the 1930's, the movie directed by Darren Grant will be centering its story on the migration of a black family from the segregated southern Mississippi to the Chicago's degrading black community. The story resolves around Otis Tilson as he fights to keep his family together in spite of alcoholism, pimping, sexual deviation and racial degradation circulating around them.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up