Rihanna Leaping to Silver Screen
Nowadays, Hollywood seems to have a new trend in the entertainment industry since many of successful actors are trying their luck in the music industry and vice versa. With reports from the music biz buzzing around Scarlett Johansson's attempt in debuting her recording, the R 'n' B princess, Rihanna is going to expand her fans base by adding moviegoers to the already expanding numbers of her fanatics.
Having massive success with her hit songs "Umbrella" and "Don't Stop the Music" under her sleeves, the Barbados-born singer reportedly is turning her attention to land a movie role. The singer who is romantically linked to Chris Brown is now said to be going to play in a drama movie entitled "Mama Black Widow" co-starring Kerry Washington, Mos Def and Macy Gray. The speculation of her starring in the movie perhaps holds some truth in it, after all she has expressed interest in acting saying, "I don't know how good I'll be at it, but it's something that I want to try."
Though the character to be played by Rihanna has yet unveiled, the movie has geared up on its pre-production mode. Set in the 1930's, the movie directed by Darren Grant will be centering its story on the migration of a black family from the segregated southern Mississippi to the Chicago's degrading black community. The story resolves around Otis Tilson as he fights to keep his family together in spite of alcoholism, pimping, sexual deviation and racial degradation circulating around them.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance