'Saw VI' to Be Developed, David Hackl Replaced
Apparently, Lions Gate Films still do not get enough of their horror thriller franchise "Saw". Though the fifth film about a psychopathic murderer with deathly traps has yet to generate screams in any theaters everywhere, a sixth film has been planned and it won't have director David Hackl as its helmer for the second time in a row.
In "Saw VI", the first time director will be replaced by another newcomer in the directing business, Kevin Greutert. Like Hackl who has been involved with the production of the earlier "Saw" movies, Greutert is the editor of all five "Saw" franchise, including the upcoming "Saw V". The news of Greutert's selection was broken out by Hackl himself on Wednesday, May 14 when talking with ShockTillYouDrop.com.
"Saw V" coming to theaters on October 24 will see the likes of Scott Patterson, Julie Benz, Tobin Bell, Meagan Good and Costas Mandylor as the cast ensemble. This time, the film is said to be centering on Hoffman who will continue the terrorizing legacy left by Jigsaw.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance