Mariah Carey's 'E=MC2' Slips Again on Albums Chart
It looks like Mariah Carey's new album "E=MC²" has started to loose its grip on the Billboard 200 chart. After being kicked out of the top spot by Madonna's "Hard Candy" on the previous week, this week Mariah's album slipped even further to #5.
The drop caused by the decline of her LP's sale that only reached about 87,000 copies this past weekend. The number is lower that last week's sale that reached 95,000 copies.
Replacing Mariah's on the second place is county singer Toby Keith with his compilation set "35 Biggest Hits", while the number one seat is surprisingly taken by Neil Diamond's new record "Home Before Dark". Last week's champion Madonna with "Hard Candy" dropped two places to #3, followed by Clay Aiken's "On My Way Here" on #4.
Behind Mariah, at #6 comes Leona Lewis with her "Spirit" album. Gavin DeGraw grabs #7 position through his self-titled second album, while at #8 there's Josh Groban with his "Awake Live [CD/DVD]". The #9 spot goes to country singer Dierks Bentley's "Greatest Hits: Every Mile a Memory" set and the final top ten spot is taken by Latin singer Luis Miguel's new record "Complices".
More Mariah Carey News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'