'Point Break' Getting Sequel, 'Speed' Director On Board
More and more sequel films are apparently coming out. Following report on the second sequel to "The Pink Panther" on May 13, it is now said that the successful 1991 action movie starring Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze, "Point Break", will have its sequel to be made. The follow-up movie will be called "Point Break: Indo".
Set in Southeast Asia twenty years after the disappearance of Swayze's character, it has touted Jan de Bont, the cinematographer of "Die Hard" and director of "Speed", as the helmer. Though there are no words yet concerning the casting, it is believed that RGM Entertainment have approached both Reeves and Swayze to reprise their roles. Additionally, the film's principal photography will take place in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
Scripted once again by its original screenwriter W. Peter Iliff, "Indo" allegedly will make "Bush Administration" as the bad guys. On the possible plot details, IESB noted, "When Billy Dalton, military special ops and star surfer, is disqualified from the pro-surfing tour, he takes off for the coast of Bali looking for the perfect wave. While there he's recruited by a private security force who are trying to find a gang known as The Bush Administration, surfing outlaws and modern day pirates who work like "The Ex-Presidents," a bank robbing crew from Malibu twenty years ago."
The original "Point Break" was directed by Kathryn Bigelow. It became a major hit during its theatrical debut in Summer 1991. Telling the story of an FBI agent Johnny Utah in investigating bank robberies case which suspects are known as the "Ex-Presidents" for their trademark masks of the former U.S. presidents, "Break" debuted considerably strong and went on to gross $43.2 million in North American market and $83.5 million worldwide.
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares