'Speed Racer' Thrown Out of Box Office Runner Up
Having delivered a disappointing estimation at the box office on Sunday, May 11, by finishing second to "Iron Man", "Speed Racer" went on to get a more upsetting result. On Monday, May 12, the Wachowski brothers' film has lost its runner-up position to the romantic comedy "What Happens in Vegas..." as the final revenue tally went out.
Falling to the third spot, the film starring Emile Hirsch, Christina Ricci and Susan Sarandon failed to live up the Sunday estimation of about $20.2 million. Instead, it was only able to gather up $18.6 million around two million less than Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz-starrer "What Happens" which pulled in $20.2 million. Adding up to the already distressing domestic report, it is now confirmed that the live action adaptation movie from the filmmakers behind blockbuster "The Matrix" franchise also did poorly in its international sales. The tidbit only raked in $12.6 million from the foreign sales and thus made a poor worldwide cume of $31.2 million.
On the count of this week's topper, the back-to-back box office champion "Iron Man" brought in more than the earlier prediction as it collected $51.2 million and thus garnered in an impressive total of $177.8 million. Additionally, the fourth place sitter "Made of Honor" swept in as much as $8.1 million and the last of the top five box office "Baby Mama" got an additional revenue of $6.2 million.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked