Patti LaBelle Announces LaBelle's Reunion
Patti LaBelle has made a surprising announcement to the press confirming that her legendary group LaBelle will be reuniting and releasing a new album soon. Patti said that she and her former band mates, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash have gotten back to the studio and been working on a new record.
To help them on the upcoming album, Labelle asked the help of musicians from a different generation. The first is veteran musician duo Gamble & Huff and the second one is rocker Lenny Kravitz.
Regarding about the decision to reunite, Patti said, "About a year and a half ago, we met to record a tribute to civil rights icon Rosa Parks, and we just felt in our bones it was the time to do this." She then added, "We're sisters and we'll always be sisters."
The soul group was famous during the 1970s and until this year they have released six studio albums. One the famous songs from the group was "Lady Marmalade", which was first released in 1974. The song has been covered by new artists, such All Saints in 1998 and also by the collaboration of Pink, Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim and Mya for "Moulin Rougue!" soundtrack.
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne