Patti LaBelle Announces LaBelle's Reunion
Patti LaBelle has made a surprising announcement to the press confirming that her legendary group LaBelle will be reuniting and releasing a new album soon. Patti said that she and her former band mates, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash have gotten back to the studio and been working on a new record.
To help them on the upcoming album, Labelle asked the help of musicians from a different generation. The first is veteran musician duo Gamble & Huff and the second one is rocker Lenny Kravitz.
Regarding about the decision to reunite, Patti said, "About a year and a half ago, we met to record a tribute to civil rights icon Rosa Parks, and we just felt in our bones it was the time to do this." She then added, "We're sisters and we'll always be sisters."
The soul group was famous during the 1970s and until this year they have released six studio albums. One the famous songs from the group was "Lady Marmalade", which was first released in 1974. The song has been covered by new artists, such All Saints in 1998 and also by the collaboration of Pink, Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim and Mya for "Moulin Rougue!" soundtrack.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked