'Death Race' Being Summer of 2008 Movie
The forthcoming action movie starring "The Transporter" star Jason Statham, "Death Race", is going to blow out the theaters earlier than its original schedule as distributor Universal Pictures announced scheduling change of the remake film. The tidbit is now slated for Summer 2008 release.
Pushing the release date forward from its initial date, September 26, Universal have scheduled "Race" to arrive in theaters a month prior on August 22, 2008. With the new agenda, it would have to face Uma Thurman's romantic comedy "The Accidental Husband" and Nicolas Cage's action thriller "Bangkok Dangerous".
Coming from the "Resident Evil" filmmaker Paul W.S. Anderson, "Race" is a remake movie of the 1975 film with the title of "Death Race 2000". Set in the future years, the movie follows a story of a prisoner famous as Frankenstein. The inmate is forced to be a competitor in a bloody driving arena competing against other vicious inmates. Aside from Statham, the film also sees Joan Allen, Tyrese Gibson and Ian McShane as the stars.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes