Justin Timberlake Signed on to Produce MTV's 'The Phone'
Despite his success in both movie and music industries, Justin Timberlake keeps adding yet another career venture into his resume. He, as it's been announced by MTV on Friday, May 9, has signed on to executive produce a new reality show for the youth-oriented cable television network, which is about to be called "The Phone".
The program reportedly will be based on a Dutch reality show format, beginning each episode with two hidden cell phones ringing at opposite ends of a major city. Contestants who answer the phones are given five seconds to decide if they want to play along for a cash prize, and then a guide on the other end of the line will give them a mission to complete before the time runs out.
The guide will keep communicating with the contestants via cell phone, as a helicopter in the sky tracks their every move, exploit and error - with each failed task chipping away at the cash prize. MTV said their version of the new show is "reminiscent of films like 'The Bourne Identity' and 'The Game.'"
Tony Disanto, MTV executive vice president of programming and series development, explained "Genre-busting and reinvention is at the core of what we do, and 'The Phone' does just that. Each week will be an action-packed mini-movie."
"The Phone" will be produced by reality specialist FremantleMedia North America and is scheduled to premiere this coming fall. No specific launch date has been disclosed thus far.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign