Justin Timberlake Signed on to Produce MTV's 'The Phone'
Despite his success in both movie and music industries, Justin Timberlake keeps adding yet another career venture into his resume. He, as it's been announced by MTV on Friday, May 9, has signed on to executive produce a new reality show for the youth-oriented cable television network, which is about to be called "The Phone".
The program reportedly will be based on a Dutch reality show format, beginning each episode with two hidden cell phones ringing at opposite ends of a major city. Contestants who answer the phones are given five seconds to decide if they want to play along for a cash prize, and then a guide on the other end of the line will give them a mission to complete before the time runs out.
The guide will keep communicating with the contestants via cell phone, as a helicopter in the sky tracks their every move, exploit and error - with each failed task chipping away at the cash prize. MTV said their version of the new show is "reminiscent of films like 'The Bourne Identity' and 'The Game.'"
Tony Disanto, MTV executive vice president of programming and series development, explained "Genre-busting and reinvention is at the core of what we do, and 'The Phone' does just that. Each week will be an action-packed mini-movie."
"The Phone" will be produced by reality specialist FremantleMedia North America and is scheduled to premiere this coming fall. No specific launch date has been disclosed thus far.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen