Heath Ledger's 'Heath' Wins Australia's Archibald Prize
Despite his sudden and shocking death, still Heath Ledger is remembered as a prominent figure in entertainment industry, especially in movie business. Almost four months after his death, the late actor is having his portrait, dubbed "Heath", being chosen as people's favorite at this year's Australia's Archibald Prize Exhibition, which involved 32,000 people voting.
"Heath", which was one of the many portraits participated in the contest, was created by Heath's friend, Australian artist Vincent Fantauzzo, at the late actor's family's Perth home in December 2007. The portrait features three versions of Heath; one haunted-looking rendition in the center of the canvas flanked by two whispering figures on either side.
Winning the People's Choice Award for his painting of Heath at the competition, which is considered one of Australia's most prominent art prizes, Fantauzzo received a $2,500 and $1,000 gift certificate with his award. The the prize-winning "Heath", according to a spokesperson for the Art Gallery of NSW, where the prize was awarded Thursday, May 8, will be donated to the gallery.
Commented on the winning Fantauzzo said, "I think this painting was extra special because Heath and I really collaborated and we took the idea really seriously. I'd like to thank Heath and also Heath's family for all of their support during the exhibition."
In related news, Heath's Joker dolls which were produced by toy giant Mattel reportedly are sold out in minutes by the time they were released to the market. The film itself, "The Dark Knight", will be in Australian theaters July 17.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!