Debunking Matthew Vaughn Off 'Thor' Rumor
Last Monday on May 5, Marvel Entertainment have come out with a great news stating that "Thor" will fall into theaters on June 4, 2010. However, the following news on the adaptation movie presents fans a contradictory report on the attachment of "Stardust" director Matthew Vaughn.
Many have reported that the British filmmaker is no longer attached to this particular Marvel's feature film project putting the report's ground on The Hollywood Reporter's article that reasoned the detachment on the December expiration date of Vaughn's deal with the studio. However, on the rebuttal of the speculation, some sites have mentioned that on March 2008 when talking to Empire Online about the action fantasy film, the producer of "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" didn't hint that he might be out of the project. At the time, he said, "We're in a holding pattern at the moment. It's up to Marvel, they have to decide if they want to make the movie and then we take it from there."
Regardless of Vaughn's detachment, "Thor" is a live action adaptation movie about a partially disabled medical student by the name of Donald Blake who later finds out that he has superhuman strength from his alter ego known as Thor. The film's script is said to be written and now polished by "I Am Legend" co-scribbler Mark Protosevich. Allegedly, the filming is eyeing to start sometime in late 2008.
More Thor News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl