Debunking Matthew Vaughn Off 'Thor' Rumor
Last Monday on May 5, Marvel Entertainment have come out with a great news stating that "Thor" will fall into theaters on June 4, 2010. However, the following news on the adaptation movie presents fans a contradictory report on the attachment of "Stardust" director Matthew Vaughn.
Many have reported that the British filmmaker is no longer attached to this particular Marvel's feature film project putting the report's ground on The Hollywood Reporter's article that reasoned the detachment on the December expiration date of Vaughn's deal with the studio. However, on the rebuttal of the speculation, some sites have mentioned that on March 2008 when talking to Empire Online about the action fantasy film, the producer of "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" didn't hint that he might be out of the project. At the time, he said, "We're in a holding pattern at the moment. It's up to Marvel, they have to decide if they want to make the movie and then we take it from there."
Regardless of Vaughn's detachment, "Thor" is a live action adaptation movie about a partially disabled medical student by the name of Donald Blake who later finds out that he has superhuman strength from his alter ego known as Thor. The film's script is said to be written and now polished by "I Am Legend" co-scribbler Mark Protosevich. Allegedly, the filming is eyeing to start sometime in late 2008.
More Thor News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season