Robert Downey Jr. Not Yet Certain on 'Iron Man 2'
"Iron Man" has gone up to be listed among the historical movies of all time with its blasting opening week. Its sequel has been confirmed days following the tally. However, before fans could put high hopes on "Iron Man 2", the excitement has been toned down with the news stating that director Jon Favreau has not to be signed for the follow-up movie and now report also suggests that the returning of its star Robert Downey Jr. is yet a done deal.
The speculation on the uncertainty of Downey Jr.'s signing broke out following the reluctance of Marvel Studio executives in confirming the actor's involvement on the sequel during first-quarter financial results conference call on Wednesday, May 7. It is further rumored that the studio have to offer the "Zodiac" star with a more lucrative deal to secure his participation in the sequel. To add more fuel to the rumor, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 43-year-old refuses to justify his contract stating, "I really don't know. What I'm on board for right now is the ride home. I don't want to start talking out of my league, because that would have certainly been my inclination in the past. I kind of know how to keep my teeth together a little better than I used to."
The upsetting news may not stay for long though since it has been said that both Downey Jr., Favreau and Marvel have planned to meet up to talk about the sequel later this week. On the take of "Iron Man 2", the superhero sequel movie has been scheduled to arrive in theaters on April 30, 2010 and it is expected that Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard will be back reprising their roles. Meanwhile, since its debut on May 1, "Iron Man" itself has raked in an impressive $121.3 million to date from North American market only and $220.4 million worldwide.
More Iron Man News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers