Amy Winehouse Turned Herself In to Police for Alleged Drugs Use
Amy Winehouse was in but quickly out of the prison. The troubled singer has on Wednesday, May 7 checked herself in to police custody in connection with her being taped in a January video doing drugs at a party at her north London home.
Amy was secretly filmed smoking crack at her East London home on January 18. Britain's The Sun claimed to have obtained the pictures of her smoking crack and snorting other narcotic substances at around 5 A.M. that day. The Sun, moreover, also posted a footage on its website that captured the British star smoking crack from a glass pipe, and then snorting powdered ecstasy and cocaine.
A copy of the video footage reportedly was handed over at the request of the Metropolitan Police and had already been passed to Tower Hamlets detectives to be investigated. It was the incident that later on prompted Amy to seek help, checking herself into an undisclosed drug-rehabilitation facility.
Confirmed Amy's Wednesday arrest, a spokesperson for her issued a statement, saying "Amy Winehouse voluntarily attended a London police station today by appointment. She was arrested in order to be interviewed and is cooperating fully with inquiries. The interview relates to a video handed to police earlier this year."
Much contrary to MTV News' claim that Amy remained in custody, London's Metropolitan Police has confirmed she's been released from custody after posting bail following several hours of questioning. Amy's release on police bail, as stated by the AP, "means she has not been charged with an offense, but that officers can recall her for more questioning at any time."
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes