Eva Mendes Is 'Queen of the South'
Having just wrapped up the production of Frank Miller's "The Spirit", Eva Mendes, the co-star of Will Smith in dramedy "Hitch" has set her eyes on another feature film project. The 34-year-old Cuban-American actress is set to topline drama thriller for Warner Independent Pictures entitled "Queen of the South".
Taking the role of the main character, Mendes is going to portray a Mexican woman who becomes a Spanish drug lord to avenge the death of her boyfriend. For the movie, she will be teaming up with fellow actors, Josh Hartnett and Ben Kingsley, as well as with helmer Jonathan Jakubowicz.
"Queen" is adapted from Arturo Perez Reverte's best selling novel with the title of "La Reina del Sur". Made using the script provided by Jakubowicz and Albert Torres, the film will be filmed in Mexico and Spain in September 2008.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!