Eva Mendes Is 'Queen of the South'
Having just wrapped up the production of Frank Miller's "The Spirit", Eva Mendes, the co-star of Will Smith in dramedy "Hitch" has set her eyes on another feature film project. The 34-year-old Cuban-American actress is set to topline drama thriller for Warner Independent Pictures entitled "Queen of the South".
Taking the role of the main character, Mendes is going to portray a Mexican woman who becomes a Spanish drug lord to avenge the death of her boyfriend. For the movie, she will be teaming up with fellow actors, Josh Hartnett and Ben Kingsley, as well as with helmer Jonathan Jakubowicz.
"Queen" is adapted from Arturo Perez Reverte's best selling novel with the title of "La Reina del Sur". Made using the script provided by Jakubowicz and Albert Torres, the film will be filmed in Mexico and Spain in September 2008.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'