Eva Mendes Is 'Queen of the South'
Having just wrapped up the production of Frank Miller's "The Spirit", Eva Mendes, the co-star of Will Smith in dramedy "Hitch" has set her eyes on another feature film project. The 34-year-old Cuban-American actress is set to topline drama thriller for Warner Independent Pictures entitled "Queen of the South".
Taking the role of the main character, Mendes is going to portray a Mexican woman who becomes a Spanish drug lord to avenge the death of her boyfriend. For the movie, she will be teaming up with fellow actors, Josh Hartnett and Ben Kingsley, as well as with helmer Jonathan Jakubowicz.
"Queen" is adapted from Arturo Perez Reverte's best selling novel with the title of "La Reina del Sur". Made using the script provided by Jakubowicz and Albert Torres, the film will be filmed in Mexico and Spain in September 2008.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri