Eva Mendes Is 'Queen of the South'
Having just wrapped up the production of Frank Miller's "The Spirit", Eva Mendes, the co-star of Will Smith in dramedy "Hitch" has set her eyes on another feature film project. The 34-year-old Cuban-American actress is set to topline drama thriller for Warner Independent Pictures entitled "Queen of the South".
Taking the role of the main character, Mendes is going to portray a Mexican woman who becomes a Spanish drug lord to avenge the death of her boyfriend. For the movie, she will be teaming up with fellow actors, Josh Hartnett and Ben Kingsley, as well as with helmer Jonathan Jakubowicz.
"Queen" is adapted from Arturo Perez Reverte's best selling novel with the title of "La Reina del Sur". Made using the script provided by Jakubowicz and Albert Torres, the film will be filmed in Mexico and Spain in September 2008.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts