Eva Mendes Is 'Queen of the South'
Having just wrapped up the production of Frank Miller's "The Spirit", Eva Mendes, the co-star of Will Smith in dramedy "Hitch" has set her eyes on another feature film project. The 34-year-old Cuban-American actress is set to topline drama thriller for Warner Independent Pictures entitled "Queen of the South".
Taking the role of the main character, Mendes is going to portray a Mexican woman who becomes a Spanish drug lord to avenge the death of her boyfriend. For the movie, she will be teaming up with fellow actors, Josh Hartnett and Ben Kingsley, as well as with helmer Jonathan Jakubowicz.
"Queen" is adapted from Arturo Perez Reverte's best selling novel with the title of "La Reina del Sur". Made using the script provided by Jakubowicz and Albert Torres, the film will be filmed in Mexico and Spain in September 2008.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3