Hit Maker Prince Turns Book Author
Is a musician of various genre ranging from pop to rock, Prince is adding debut author to his career resume. The recording artist, as stated by Atria Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, has been working on a book called "21 Nights," a multi-media volume based on his 21 consecutive sold-out concerts at London's O2 arena in the summer of 2007.
"21 Nights," which is slated to be released in September, is said to feature poetry by Prince, 124 never-before-seen photographs by Hollywood's Randee St. Nicholas who was given backstage access during the concerts, and a live sessions CD titled "Indigo Nights" from the concerts after-parties with new music by Prince. Per Atria, the book's jacket will be printed with a black and silver duotone paper-over-board and will be "elegantly sealed in a purple slip case with foil stamping and then shrink-wrapped for protection."
"Juxtaposing his dueling worlds of music and solitude, it ('21 Nights') will incorporate Prince's evocative poetry and lyrics to new songs and other selections, and 124 full-color, sumptuous, never-before-published images by celebrated photographer Randee St. Nicholas," Atria said Monday, May 5.
Publisher Judith Curr, elsewhere, added "We are tremendously honored and excited by this opportunity to present this lyrical and visually rich book from Prince that captures the spirit and voluptuous sound of his brilliant [London run]. 21 Nights is an innovative multimedia book project created by a musical visionary and uncompromising artist, an invitation to experience a side Prince has not revealed until now."
More Prince News
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret