Jon Favreau Yet to Be Signed for 'Iron Man 2'
As the first summer blockbuster movie "Iron Man" has brought back life to the box office by delivering a smashing $102 million in its opening week, the talk of its sequel has gone further from being a plan to becoming a realization and days earlier, Marvel Entertainment have announced that "Iron Man 2" has been set for April 30, 2010 release. Hence, it seems that every detail has been fixed, but director Jon Favreau doesn't think so as he revealed that he has yet to be signed for the sequel.
Talking to Entertainment Weekly about the follow-up film about the superhero suited in advance bulletproof armor suit, the 41-year-old filmmaker confessed that his return to the sequel isn't a definite term. "We've been speaking informally about it, and in concept we would all love to work together again," the "Zathura" helmer explained.
"But I found out about the announcement last night, so it's not something that - we would definitely love to collaborate more with the sequel. There's no formal arrangement yet, but in theory we would all love to see it happen.... There's definitely a lot of ideas that we all have now. This type of movie is based on serialized materials, so it lends itself very easily to [many different sequel possibilities]. There's definitely a level of enthusiasm from myself and the cast to tell more stories."
"Iron Man" has been screened in the theaters across the U.S. since Thursday, May 1, night and since then has joined the list of highest-grossing film of all time. Featuring a star-studded cast ensemble that include Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges, the movie follows the story of Tony Stark as he builds high-tech armor suit and transforms himself to be a superhero.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating