The Police to Hold Last Concert Ever
Legendary super group The Police have announced an important detail regarding their upcoming and probably last concert. The band revealed at press conference on May 6, that they will hold their "Last Concert Ever" in New York without confirming the date yet.
Beside still keeping quiet about the date, the venue and tickets information are also being kept a secret by the band. But there's a hint from N.Y.C's mayor Michael Bloomberg that the concert could be held indoor. "The venue will probably be indoors, but that's all I'm going to say," said Michael.
The concert will not be an ordinary concert as it is also planned to be a fund raising project. The benefits from the show will be given to support the arts production of public televisions, Thirteen/WNET and WLIW New York. Beside that, The Police will also donate $1 million to Michael in support of his MillionTreesNYC program.
Commenting about their donation to the Trees program, Sting stated, "Some people may be surprised to know that the greatest single contribution to greenhouse gases is deforestation. We all want cleaner and cooler air, and planting trees is the best way to achieve that." The band's lead singer also revealed the reason they hold their final concert in New York saying, "We have a long history in New York. We came here first in 1978. We want to leave a gift that will last for decades."
Meanwhile, during the press conference the band received a special gift from the mayor. All of The Police members received a key to New York City. Following that, Sting then also gave Michael an all-access back stage pass for all of the band's concerts.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune