The Police to Hold Last Concert Ever
Legendary super group The Police have announced an important detail regarding their upcoming and probably last concert. The band revealed at press conference on May 6, that they will hold their "Last Concert Ever" in New York without confirming the date yet.
Beside still keeping quiet about the date, the venue and tickets information are also being kept a secret by the band. But there's a hint from N.Y.C's mayor Michael Bloomberg that the concert could be held indoor. "The venue will probably be indoors, but that's all I'm going to say," said Michael.
The concert will not be an ordinary concert as it is also planned to be a fund raising project. The benefits from the show will be given to support the arts production of public televisions, Thirteen/WNET and WLIW New York. Beside that, The Police will also donate $1 million to Michael in support of his MillionTreesNYC program.
Commenting about their donation to the Trees program, Sting stated, "Some people may be surprised to know that the greatest single contribution to greenhouse gases is deforestation. We all want cleaner and cooler air, and planting trees is the best way to achieve that." The band's lead singer also revealed the reason they hold their final concert in New York saying, "We have a long history in New York. We came here first in 1978. We want to leave a gift that will last for decades."
Meanwhile, during the press conference the band received a special gift from the mayor. All of The Police members received a key to New York City. Following that, Sting then also gave Michael an all-access back stage pass for all of the band's concerts.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding