Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds Engaged to Marry
Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson and her actor boyfriend Ryan Reynolds are taking their relationship to the next level. The celebrity couple who have been dating since spring 2007 are engaged to marry. A representative for Johansson confirmed the good news to People, adding "They're both thrilled."
No further details about the engagement, including when the question was popped, the size of her rock or whether they've set a wedding date, have been made public. It was only reported that Reynolds popped the question to Johansson recently.
A source close to Johansson, in the meantime, was quoted as telling E! News that "the couple have actually been betrothed for a little while, and they have kept the engagement on the down-low because they want to keep things private."
Johansson herself is expected to show off her engagement ring during the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala on Monday night, May 5 in New York. Sources say Johansson is eager to "show off her rock" with her Dolce & Gabbana gown.
No words just yet from either Johansson or Reynolds concerning report on their engagement.
Professionally, Johansson is having her debut album "Anywhere I Lay My Head" to be released on May 20 via Rhino Entertainment's Atco. Reynolds, elsewhere, is currently filming the comedy-romantic "The Proposal" in Boston with Sandra Bullock.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!