Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds Engaged to Marry
Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson and her actor boyfriend Ryan Reynolds are taking their relationship to the next level. The celebrity couple who have been dating since spring 2007 are engaged to marry. A representative for Johansson confirmed the good news to People, adding "They're both thrilled."
No further details about the engagement, including when the question was popped, the size of her rock or whether they've set a wedding date, have been made public. It was only reported that Reynolds popped the question to Johansson recently.
A source close to Johansson, in the meantime, was quoted as telling E! News that "the couple have actually been betrothed for a little while, and they have kept the engagement on the down-low because they want to keep things private."
Johansson herself is expected to show off her engagement ring during the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala on Monday night, May 5 in New York. Sources say Johansson is eager to "show off her rock" with her Dolce & Gabbana gown.
No words just yet from either Johansson or Reynolds concerning report on their engagement.
Professionally, Johansson is having her debut album "Anywhere I Lay My Head" to be released on May 20 via Rhino Entertainment's Atco. Reynolds, elsewhere, is currently filming the comedy-romantic "The Proposal" in Boston with Sandra Bullock.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'