Battling Acute Laryngitis, Avril Lavigne Canceled Her Shows
Avril Lavigne has made an important but disappointing decision for the rock singer's fans by deciding to cancel her scheduled tour dates. Avril was made to cancel her six upcoming shows in North America because of having an acute laryngitis.
Because of her illness she was forced to cancel of her shows in Anaheim, Universal City, Santa Barbara, San Jose, Spokane and Eureka. Her throat problem has actually occurred since late April where she previously canceled her concerts in San Diego and Phoenix to rest her voice.
Unfortunately, even after taking a short break her illness isn't gone yet. She discovered it while doing a sound check in Anaheim. When attempting to sing, her voice just won't come out.
In an official statement on May 3, Avril stated her apology to her fans saying, "My sincerest apologies to all of my fans. My intention was to complete the rest of the tour, but tonight at sound check in Anaheim I realized this wasn't possible. Even though I have been resting my voice for days, when I tried to sing nothing came out." Meanwhile, for the fans that have already booked tickets for the canceled shows, refunds will be given to them.
More Avril Lavigne News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones