Artist of the Week: Madonna
For some people the word Madonna is no longer a medieval Italian term for My Lady, but it's closely associated to a successful singer who has spawned 11 studio albums and raked in success with each of them. Over a period of more than two decades, Madonna has managed to embed her name in the music history as the legend itself, and for this impressive journey, AceShowbiz.com has selected her to be featured in Artist of the Week for the week 19 of year 2008.
The uber singer is particularly consistent in making her works 'current'. She has dropped pop albums, dance pieces and this year she moves to R 'n' B-oriented record that brings her to the mainstream. Her latest project "Hard Candy" was released on April 29 and for the fourth time in her career, she topped the British singles and album charts at the same time. The album soared through #1 and so does its first single "4 Minutes" that features Justin Timberlake and Timbaland.
With such record, "Hard Candy" become her tenth studio album to enter the chart at top position, and she at the same time is named a singer with 13 British chart-topping singles.
Just in March this year, Madonna received the highest honor a musician can have, a secured place at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Top artists including Iggy Pop, voluntarily took the honor to attend the ceremony plus made a tribute by singing her hits that have been coloring the music scene over 25 impressive years.
Not only her music career is interesting to know, her personal life and her encounter to the movie world are also worth taken notice. The singer went from being a sex symbol in the late '80s to be a respected woman with career that keeps on skyrocketing. Only Madonna can do this.
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups