Angelina Jolie's 'Wanted' Getting Writers for Sequel
Though Timur Bekmambetov's "Wanted (2008)" is still a month away from its theatrical release, a sequel talk on the action film has apparently been done. In the latest report related to the film starring Angelina Jolie, it has been unveiled that two out of four "Wanted" scribblers, Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, have been signed to write down the sequel's screenplay.
In an interview with Pajiba.com, Haas confessed that he and Brandt will once again work with Universal Pictures in providing the studio with script for the follow-up of "Wanted". "We're just finishing up a book adaptation for Universal of the James Siegel novel Deceit. We've been hired to write the sequel to Wanted by the same studio," the "3:10 to Yuma" scripter revealed. "And we've got a few more things in the hopper that it's a little premature to talk about."
On "Wanted" itself, the action tidbit coming into theaters on June 27 will also see James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Common as Jolie's co-stars. It is based on Mark Millar's graphic novel series about a young man who joins the Fraternity to unlock his dormant power and avenge his estranged father's death.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March