Angelina Jolie's 'Wanted' Getting Writers for Sequel
Though Timur Bekmambetov's "Wanted (2008)" is still a month away from its theatrical release, a sequel talk on the action film has apparently been done. In the latest report related to the film starring Angelina Jolie, it has been unveiled that two out of four "Wanted" scribblers, Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, have been signed to write down the sequel's screenplay.
In an interview with Pajiba.com, Haas confessed that he and Brandt will once again work with Universal Pictures in providing the studio with script for the follow-up of "Wanted". "We're just finishing up a book adaptation for Universal of the James Siegel novel Deceit. We've been hired to write the sequel to Wanted by the same studio," the "3:10 to Yuma" scripter revealed. "And we've got a few more things in the hopper that it's a little premature to talk about."
On "Wanted" itself, the action tidbit coming into theaters on June 27 will also see James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Common as Jolie's co-stars. It is based on Mark Millar's graphic novel series about a young man who joins the Fraternity to unlock his dormant power and avenge his estranged father's death.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards