Angelina Jolie's 'Wanted' Getting Writers for Sequel
Though Timur Bekmambetov's "Wanted (2008)" is still a month away from its theatrical release, a sequel talk on the action film has apparently been done. In the latest report related to the film starring Angelina Jolie, it has been unveiled that two out of four "Wanted" scribblers, Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, have been signed to write down the sequel's screenplay.
In an interview with Pajiba.com, Haas confessed that he and Brandt will once again work with Universal Pictures in providing the studio with script for the follow-up of "Wanted". "We're just finishing up a book adaptation for Universal of the James Siegel novel Deceit. We've been hired to write the sequel to Wanted by the same studio," the "3:10 to Yuma" scripter revealed. "And we've got a few more things in the hopper that it's a little premature to talk about."
On "Wanted" itself, the action tidbit coming into theaters on June 27 will also see James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Common as Jolie's co-stars. It is based on Mark Millar's graphic novel series about a young man who joins the Fraternity to unlock his dormant power and avenge his estranged father's death.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video