Angelina Jolie's 'Wanted' Getting Writers for Sequel
Though Timur Bekmambetov's "Wanted (2008)" is still a month away from its theatrical release, a sequel talk on the action film has apparently been done. In the latest report related to the film starring Angelina Jolie, it has been unveiled that two out of four "Wanted" scribblers, Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, have been signed to write down the sequel's screenplay.
In an interview with Pajiba.com, Haas confessed that he and Brandt will once again work with Universal Pictures in providing the studio with script for the follow-up of "Wanted". "We're just finishing up a book adaptation for Universal of the James Siegel novel Deceit. We've been hired to write the sequel to Wanted by the same studio," the "3:10 to Yuma" scripter revealed. "And we've got a few more things in the hopper that it's a little premature to talk about."
On "Wanted" itself, the action tidbit coming into theaters on June 27 will also see James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Common as Jolie's co-stars. It is based on Mark Millar's graphic novel series about a young man who joins the Fraternity to unlock his dormant power and avenge his estranged father's death.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie