Angelina Jolie's 'Wanted' Getting Writers for Sequel
Though Timur Bekmambetov's "Wanted (2008)" is still a month away from its theatrical release, a sequel talk on the action film has apparently been done. In the latest report related to the film starring Angelina Jolie, it has been unveiled that two out of four "Wanted" scribblers, Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, have been signed to write down the sequel's screenplay.
In an interview with Pajiba.com, Haas confessed that he and Brandt will once again work with Universal Pictures in providing the studio with script for the follow-up of "Wanted". "We're just finishing up a book adaptation for Universal of the James Siegel novel Deceit. We've been hired to write the sequel to Wanted by the same studio," the "3:10 to Yuma" scripter revealed. "And we've got a few more things in the hopper that it's a little premature to talk about."
On "Wanted" itself, the action tidbit coming into theaters on June 27 will also see James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Common as Jolie's co-stars. It is based on Mark Millar's graphic novel series about a young man who joins the Fraternity to unlock his dormant power and avenge his estranged father's death.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?