Jimi Hendrix's Sex Tape Branded Fake
Experience Hendrix, the company which owns the copyright to the music of the late musician Jimi Hendrix, is questioning the authenticity of the late musician's alleged sex tape which has been put for sale on the Internet on Tuesday, April 29. It was reported earlier this week that porn video giant Vivid Entertainment obtained from an unnamed collector a 40-year-old clip of a man resembling Hendrix having sex with two girls. The Los Angeles-based adult entertainment company will put the sex tape DVD in stores starting next Tuesday, May 6.
Challenged the authenticity of the alleged three-some sex tape, Experience Hendrix, the company that controls the rights to Hendrix's music and likeness issued a statement Thursday, May 1 saying, "We strongly dispute the claimed authenticity and affirmatively state that Experience Hendrix is neither involved in, nor have we authorized the distribution of this film." In its further statement, the company called the distribution of the tape as "callous attempt to trade on the image and reputation of a deceased artist who is unable to defend himself against such an outrageous and baseless assertion. We are highly offended by the disgraceful portrayal."
Vivid Entertainment, on the other hand, insisted to have consulted several experts to ensure that the clip was genuine. Co-chairman Steven Hirsch said Experience Hendrix's comments were "not in any way a refutation of the authenticity" of the tape, adding that "We are very comfortable this is the real thing."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie