Jimi Hendrix's Sex Tape Branded Fake
Experience Hendrix, the company which owns the copyright to the music of the late musician Jimi Hendrix, is questioning the authenticity of the late musician's alleged sex tape which has been put for sale on the Internet on Tuesday, April 29. It was reported earlier this week that porn video giant Vivid Entertainment obtained from an unnamed collector a 40-year-old clip of a man resembling Hendrix having sex with two girls. The Los Angeles-based adult entertainment company will put the sex tape DVD in stores starting next Tuesday, May 6.
Challenged the authenticity of the alleged three-some sex tape, Experience Hendrix, the company that controls the rights to Hendrix's music and likeness issued a statement Thursday, May 1 saying, "We strongly dispute the claimed authenticity and affirmatively state that Experience Hendrix is neither involved in, nor have we authorized the distribution of this film." In its further statement, the company called the distribution of the tape as "callous attempt to trade on the image and reputation of a deceased artist who is unable to defend himself against such an outrageous and baseless assertion. We are highly offended by the disgraceful portrayal."
Vivid Entertainment, on the other hand, insisted to have consulted several experts to ensure that the clip was genuine. Co-chairman Steven Hirsch said Experience Hendrix's comments were "not in any way a refutation of the authenticity" of the tape, adding that "We are very comfortable this is the real thing."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'