Jimi Hendrix's Sex Tape Branded Fake
Experience Hendrix, the company which owns the copyright to the music of the late musician Jimi Hendrix, is questioning the authenticity of the late musician's alleged sex tape which has been put for sale on the Internet on Tuesday, April 29. It was reported earlier this week that porn video giant Vivid Entertainment obtained from an unnamed collector a 40-year-old clip of a man resembling Hendrix having sex with two girls. The Los Angeles-based adult entertainment company will put the sex tape DVD in stores starting next Tuesday, May 6.
Challenged the authenticity of the alleged three-some sex tape, Experience Hendrix, the company that controls the rights to Hendrix's music and likeness issued a statement Thursday, May 1 saying, "We strongly dispute the claimed authenticity and affirmatively state that Experience Hendrix is neither involved in, nor have we authorized the distribution of this film." In its further statement, the company called the distribution of the tape as "callous attempt to trade on the image and reputation of a deceased artist who is unable to defend himself against such an outrageous and baseless assertion. We are highly offended by the disgraceful portrayal."
Vivid Entertainment, on the other hand, insisted to have consulted several experts to ensure that the clip was genuine. Co-chairman Steven Hirsch said Experience Hendrix's comments were "not in any way a refutation of the authenticity" of the tape, adding that "We are very comfortable this is the real thing."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris