Jimi Hendrix's Sex Tape Branded Fake
Experience Hendrix, the company which owns the copyright to the music of the late musician Jimi Hendrix, is questioning the authenticity of the late musician's alleged sex tape which has been put for sale on the Internet on Tuesday, April 29. It was reported earlier this week that porn video giant Vivid Entertainment obtained from an unnamed collector a 40-year-old clip of a man resembling Hendrix having sex with two girls. The Los Angeles-based adult entertainment company will put the sex tape DVD in stores starting next Tuesday, May 6.
Challenged the authenticity of the alleged three-some sex tape, Experience Hendrix, the company that controls the rights to Hendrix's music and likeness issued a statement Thursday, May 1 saying, "We strongly dispute the claimed authenticity and affirmatively state that Experience Hendrix is neither involved in, nor have we authorized the distribution of this film." In its further statement, the company called the distribution of the tape as "callous attempt to trade on the image and reputation of a deceased artist who is unable to defend himself against such an outrageous and baseless assertion. We are highly offended by the disgraceful portrayal."
Vivid Entertainment, on the other hand, insisted to have consulted several experts to ensure that the clip was genuine. Co-chairman Steven Hirsch said Experience Hendrix's comments were "not in any way a refutation of the authenticity" of the tape, adding that "We are very comfortable this is the real thing."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns