More Evidence Emerged, Mariah Carey Indeed Married Nick Cannon
There's been no official confirmation of a wedding, but more evidence has emerged on Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's alleged marriage. People magazine reported Friday, May 2 the pair have obtained a marriage license in the island of Eleuthera, in the Bahamas, where she has an estate. A clergyman, additionally, has given a confirmation to the publication that he presided over the wedding.
Bishop Clifford Petty of the National Church of God in Governor's Harbour in the Caribbean island of Eleuthera confirmed to People that he presided over Carey and Cannon's wedding. Petty, nevertheless, provided no details except to say that he did not give a sermon.
Also on Friday, People cited an unnamed source as saying that Carey and Cannon obtained a marriage license on the Caribbean island of Eleuthera which is located next to the island of Windermere, where Carey reportedly owns a home. The website of the island's register's office states that couples wishing to get married there need to spend one day in the Bahamas before submitting an application for a marriage license. Besides, they also must fill out the application together at the register's office, and pay a fee of $40. The license is valid for three months.
The source said Carey did obtain a license in Eleuthera within that time period. Monique Gomez, a Bahamian attorney in Nassau who specializes in family law, has told People "The minister would make sure [the license] goes into the registry. It's still a valid marriage even if it's not filed. Anywhere in the world."
Adding fuel to the much reported wedding, a relative of Cannon has been quoted by E! Online as saying that the rapper-actor called his family and confirmed the news. "He called us and told us all about it. We are happy for him. If that is what he wants then we are happy for him," Linda Cannon, identified simply as a family member, was quoted by E!
Carey and Cannon, in the meantime, are still playing it coy about their alleged wedding.
More Mariah Carey News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake