Disney Cancels Miley Cyrus Red Carpet Appearance at Disney Channel Games
Still becoming the subject of pros and cons concerning her provocative pics for the June 2008 issue of Vanity Fair magazine, Miley Cyrus is hiding herself away from the press. She was initially scheduled to make a red carpet appearance at a media party in Orlando on Friday, May 2, yet has dropped out of what would be her first public engagement since the Vanity Fair photos controversy.
Disney has on Thursday, May 1 confirmed the teen sensation's absence from the event, saying she would instead still on for her performance at the so-called "Disney Channel Games", a week long charity event that's being held at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, on Saturday, May 3 at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. The Jonas Brothers and The Cheetah Girls are among the other artists set to perform as well. The event itself won't air until July.
Made public that matter, Walt Disney World spokesman Gary Buchanan did not elaborate on the change in Miley's status for the party though. In other Miley news, she according to US Weekly has made her first public appearance on Wednesday, April 30 stopping by a Target store in Nashville, Tennessee.
In the meantime, new report surfaced by the hour that Miley's name change petition has been officially signed off by a Los Angeles judge henceforth she will be known legally as Miley Ray Cyrus.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'